1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups orange juice
2 1/2 cups flour ( or gluten-free flour with xanthan gum)
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (no need to thaw)
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat eggs with sugar, oil, and vanilla on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes, until light.
3. Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually blend in orange juice.
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until combined. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
5. Divide batter evenly between prepared loaf pans; spread evenly. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
6. Allow loaves to cool for 20 minutes. Invert onto serving platters.
• Muffin Variation: In Step 5, scoop batter into muffin pans coated with nonstick spray or lined with paper liners until ¾-full. Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes. Yields 18-24 muffins.
• Frozen cranberries don’t need to be thawed. Just rinse and pat them dry with paper towels before folding them into the batter