2 large eggs, plus 1 egg white
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves
1 cup matzo ball mix (usually both bags out of a box)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and the oil.
2. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the spinach until pureed. Squeeze the water out of the spinach.
3. Add the spinach puree into the egg mixture. Whisk to incorporate.
4. Sprinkle in 1 cup (2 bags) of the matzo ball mix. Stir in with a fork, mixing as little as possible. Don’t overwork it.
5. Chill in freezer for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water or chicken stock to a boil.
7. Wet your hands in a bowl of cold water. Using your hand, and manipulating as little as possible, scoop out a ping pong ball size of the mixture. Form it into a ball with your fingertips using no real pressure. Turn the water down to a simmer. Drop the balls into the water. Cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.