1/2 (10-ounce) package shredded carrots
1 (4-ounce) jar carrot baby food
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
Jamie told me she likes to serve these muffins warm as a side dish.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Chill Time: none
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake tins with paper holders.
- In a large bowl, place all ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into cupcake holders and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: About 12 muffins. Freezes well.
* For a lower-calorie version, substitute applesauce for some or all of the oil and use egg substitute in place of the eggs.