16 dried apricots
1 lb pitted prunes, cut up
1 cup warm water
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup matzo meal
1 tsp potato starch
2 tbsp oil
4 apples, finely sliced
1/2 cup honey
1. In a medium bowl, soak dried apricots in warm water to cover until plump, about 1 hour. Drain well and set aside.
2. In another bowl, soak prunes in 1 cup warm water to cover until plump, about 1/2 hour. Do not drain. (You need to add the soaking water along with the prunes to the batter.)
3. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt until well blended. Add matzo meal and potato starch; mix well. Let stand 30 minutes.
4. Add oil, apples and prunes, along with their soaking water; mix well.
5. Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Pour honey evenly into the bottom of the baking dish, then arrange the drained apricots in the honey. Pour batter over. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Turn upside down on a serving platter while still warm. Delicious warm or cold, either as a side dish or a dessert.