2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups chopped broccoli, fresh or frozen (6 to 10 ounces)
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. Pour the broth into a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add the broccoli, partially cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes if the broccoli is fresh, or for 5 minutes if it’s frozen.
3. Remove from heat and let stand uncovered for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer to a blender and puree to your desired texture. (Or you can use an immersion blender to puree the soup directly in the pot.)
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Protein: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat: <1 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Calories: 77