1/2 cup crumbled matzoh
2 tbsp. schmaltz or vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 1/2 lb. boneless turkey breast
2 tbsp. oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover matzoh with warm water and soak for 5 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat schmaltz in a large skillet. Add onion and apple. Cook over medium heat until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Stir matzoh, bell pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper into onion and apples. Spoon stuffing into center of turkey breast. Bring ends together and fasten with metal poultry picks.
4. Brush turkey breast with oil and dust with paprika. Place in a roasting pan and cover with foil.
5. Roast in preheated oven for 1 hour, basting often with pan juices. Turkey is done when juices run clear when pierced at thickest part with a fork. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice and serve hot.