Roll Out Cookie Dough
Your cookie jar will never be empty with this clever edible. It can also be used to hold candy, fruit and ice cream. Make any size or shape, as long as you use an ovenproof container. What a wonderful idea for a child’s birthday party, and as a house or teacher’s gift!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Wrap outside of ovenproof loaf pan or mixing bowl with foil. Grease foil.
2. Prepare favorite roll-out cookie dough and roll to 1/8-inch thickness.
3. Cut shapes with decorative edge cookie cutter. When using a loaf pan, use a
1 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Smaller containers require smaller cutters.
4. Cover prepared pan or bowl with cutouts, overlapping them slightly. Bake upside down until cookies are firm. Cool.
5. Lift cookie bowl from container carefully and peel away foil. Freezes well.